Today's lectures was interesting, we spoke about the Avant Garde and what in art? There was a few confrontations as we all have are own few on what is art to us. However the Avant Garde i didn't no much about.
Avant Garde and Kitsch - Clement Greenberg
I read the text Avant Garde and Kitsch, i didn't really understand the language of it, but i release there was a lot of talk about the Avant Garde and the differences between the society's and what money they had. I understand that the Avant Garde was under a lot of pressure from the Kitsch and a few of its members didn't always resisted this pressure and temptation as they would change there work for it. I like that he asks a lot of questions in the text its show that no one knows the answer to everything.
Friday, 20 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment